The Bavarian Farm
is a traditional dairy farm that offers families cosy and modern accommodation. .
- 2 independent houses (the largest can fit up to 6 guests)
- 3 apartments (the largest can fit up to 6 guests)
- 1 suite in the main house (that can fit up to 4 guests)
Useful things to know:
- The closest airports are Munich (1 hour away by car) and Salzburg (in Austria – 1 hour and 15 minutes away by car).
- The property is surrounded by 20 hectares of meadows, guaranteeing peace and quiet for guests.
- The nearest village is only 10 minutes away on foot.
- In the warmer months, guests can use the bike paths that start right at the property. In winter, they can enjoy the cross-country skiing tracks nearby.
- The farm currently has 8 horses and ponies available for riding lessons and guided riding tours, as well as a horseback-riding arena on site.
- Guests are welcome to help out with the farm’s daily chores, which include things like milking the cows, helping out in the fields, and taking care of the horses at the stables.
- Children will love seeing the farm’s many animals up close, including cows and their offspring, horses, goats, rabbits and cats.
- The property also has 2 playgrounds, with a trampoline, a sandpit, swings and a climbing wall.
- The large gardens have many relaxation areas, as well as a barbecue and campfire.
- A delicious and organic breakfast basket with local products can be delivered in the mornings.
- During the summer vacations there is a minimum stay of 2 weeks.
This property gives guests the authentic feeling of living on a traditional Bavarian farm with all the benefits of staying in stylish, modern and comfortable accommodations.
The garden has many different spots to relax in, including large sun beds and shady seating, as well as barbecue and campfire areas for a pleasant evening outside.
Children will love meeting the many animals that live on the farm, including cows and their calves, horses, goats, rabbits, and cats. Visitors of all ages are welcome to help milk the cows or try their hand at working in the fields or stables. Little ones will particularly enjoy hopping on the tractor for a ride with the farmers.
The gardens surrounding the farm produce many different organic fruits and vegetables, and the farm’s fresh apple juice is made with apples from the orchard. The many bushes spread around the grounds grow delicious berries such as black currant, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries.
Guests can order the farm’s signature breakfast basket, which includes a tasty mix of locally grown treats. The milk comes from the farm’s own cows, and many of the other products are either homemade (such as the jam, the savoury spreads and the crunchy granola) or come from neighbouring farms (such as the fresh eggs and the honey). The breakfast baskets are delivered to the apartments and houses each morning.
The playground has a large climbing frame, swings, and a sandpit full of toys, and kids can also explore the grounds on go-karts, pedal tractors and balance bikes. For older children, the larger adventure playground has a play tower, balancing rope and bridge, a climbing wall, and swings.
Other activities for kids include adventurous torchlight hikes at night that end at the campfire, hiking trips along the 4km-long family hiking trail, or day trips to the theme parks located close to the farm.
On rainy days, the farm’s playroom is stocked with plenty of board games that guarantee an afternoon of family fun.
The farm is open all year, and offers family-friendly activities for all seasons. In the summer, guests can explore the many hiking trails and bike paths nearby. In the winter, the area is ideal for skiing, snowshoe hiking, cross-country skiing, and sledding.
During the summer vacations there is a minimum stay of 2 weeks.
Rates range between 90€ and 130€ per night for an apartment (based on 2 guests) and 195€ and 385€ per night for a house/chalet (for up to 4 guest). Additional guests aged between 2 and 14 years are charged between 25€ and 35€, depending on the accommodation type.
All prices are valid for stays of 7 nights onwards and do not include the tourist tax of € 1.40 per day per adult and € 0.70 per day per child from 6 years of age. Children up to 6 years are exempt from the tourist tax. Visitors will receive a discount card upon arrival that entitles you to numerous discounts and free services in the region.