The Catalan Rural Escape
is a gorgeous restored farmhouse next to a volcanic natural park. .
- 10 rooms in the main house
- 2 separate cabins (no kitchen)
Useful things to know:
- Rental car is highly recommended
- Babysitting service is provided during dinner hours and can be booked during the day at extra cost
- Communal dinner at a shared table with other guests
- 45 minutes from Girona airport and an hour and a half away from Barcelona airport
- Dinner and breakfast are included
- Pool open during the warmer months
- Vegetarian and gluten-free meal options available on request
- Several easy family-friendly hikes nearby
- Largest room can fit up to two adults and four children
- There is no air conditioning in the house, but all rooms have fans and the old stone walls help keep the heat out
Located right on the edge of the Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park, this charming rustic farmhouse is surrounded by cornfields and picturesque scenery. The farmhouse is entirely renovated and designed to create the most relaxing experience for families.
The stunning hilly landscape of the Garrotxa park is perfect for hiking or biking, including several shorter walks near the farmhouse that younger children can handle. The nearby town of Olot is a lovely place to discover typical Catalan cuisine and explore a traditional, quieter Catalonian town.
The farmhouse is family-run and Rosa, who has managed the place for the last twenty-five years, is a great resource for hikes, activities, and restaurants in the area. A buffet-style breakfast and communal dinner made from fresh, locally-sourced ingredients are included in your stay. During the dinner hours, Pau the babysitter keeps the little ones enchanted with stories, games and occasional nature walks, leaving the adults free to socialize with each other. Many guests return again and again, charmed by Rosa and the farm’s unique, laid-back atmosphere.
During the day, younger children can build castles in the sandpit, while more adventurous children might attempt to climb the big tree that shades the front of the property or feed the chickens and other farm animals found on the property. In the warmer months (May till Oktober), the whole family can hop into the pool to cool down (the pool is not heated and it is treated with chlorine). Families can also book a tour to a nearby farm to see cows and learn how yogurt is made.
The rooms all have an en-suite bathroom, seating area, and heating, and are all equipped to accommodate families. The largest room can sleep up to two adults and four children. In the smaller rooms, guests can also request extra cots for children.
Please note that there is a 2 night minimum stay.
During peak season in July and August and during public holidays, the minimum stay is 3-4 nights.
Fixed rates per night (valid all year):
Adult: 68€/night including half board (dinner and breakfast)
Child (4-9 years): 35€/night including half board (dinner and breakfast) and miniclub babysitting service during dinner
Child (3 years and less): 18€/night
Single usage of room: 68€ + 10€/day supplement payment
Deposits / Cancellations
A deposit of 40% is requested to confirm the booking. All deposits are non-refundable.
In case of cancellations, the guest might be allowed to change the date of the stay upon availability and confirmation from the hotel.