The French Château
is a wine growing estate with family friendly self-catering properties and hotel rooms.
- 8 hotel rooms in the chateau
- 36 self-catering properties with private gardens and barbecues
Useful things to know:
- 220 acres of vines, woodland and olive groves to explore
- Kids Club runs in July and August
- 30 metre heated outdoor pool (heated from April to October)
- The private pools are heated starting end of May
- Spa with indoor pool, sauna, hammam and small gym
- Complimentary bikes and sports equipment
- Restaurant on site with kids menu
- BBQ packs and pizzas can be pre-booked
- Stair gates and baby equipment
- Babysitters can be arranged
- Rental car is recommended
- Closest airports are Beziers (25 mins), Montpellier (60 mins) and Perpignan (75 mins)
- Plenty of family-friendly days out in the area
This wine estate in southern France has been beautifully restored and turned into a superb destination for families, offering luxury accommodation in a laid back ambience.
Covering over 200 acres, the grounds feature beautiful gardens, parkland, olive groves and vineyards that are criss-crossed by trails, which can be explored by bike or on foot. Guests also have access to a tennis court, boules, a large outdoor pool, barbecue area, spa and casual restaurant.
A chateau at the heart of the estate features eight luxury rooms for couples, while the various outbuildings have been transformed into chic self-catering retreats for families. Sleeping 2 to 10, the self-catering properties are spacious, stylish and elegant. All but one has a private garden and terrace and most have private pools that are either fenced or fitted with an alarm. Kitchens are fully equipped with top of the line appliances to make cooking a pleasure and all properties have a TV, DVD and Bluetooth speakers. Bedrooms are all en suite and can be made up with two singles or one double bed for maximum flexibility.
In July and August there is an excellent outdoor Kids Club for 4 to 12 year olds where activities are wholesome and free of digital devices: think building dens, foraging, scavenger hunts and water games. In the evenings movie nights and barbecues for kids may be arranged.
In the surrounding area families will find numerous things to do, from exploring authentic villages and boating on the Canal du Midi to theme parks and trips to the beach.
Our last-minute recommendations for New Year’s with little ones
- 6th November 2019: New Year’s Eve is one of the most difficult holidays on the calendar to plan for – come and read where the best places to take a young family on holiday are.
Please note there is a 7 night minimum stay during peak season for all self-catering accommodation.
LOW SEASON DATES:
November 2022- March 2023
MEDIUM SEASON DATES:
April, May and October 2023
HIGH SEASON DATES:
June and September 2023
PEAK SEASON DATES:
July and August 2023
Self-catering accommodation 2023 prices:
1 bedroom house FROM €189 per night in low season, from €325 per night (7 night minimum stay) in July or August
2 bedroom apartment or house: FROM €279 per night in low season, from €635 per night (7 night minimum stay) in July or August
2 bedroom house with pool: FROM €345 per night in low season, from €889 per night (7 night minimum stay) in July or August
3 bedroom apartment or house: FROM €355 per night in low season, from €769 per night (7 night minimum stay) in July or August
3 bedroom house with pool: FROM €385 per night in low season, from €939 per night (7 night minimum stay) in July or August
4 bedroom house: FROM €455 per night in low season, from €845 per night (7 night minimum stay) in July or August
4 bedroom house with pool: FROM €469 per night in low season, €1.145 per night (7 night minimum stay) in July or August
Rental rates include water, electricity, gas, beds made up on arrival and linen changed every 3 to 4 days, use of the main pool, bikes, barbeque area, tennis courts and boules terrain.
The tourist tax is not included and is an additional €1.50 per night per adult (18 and over) and is payable with the final balance.
Starter pack: Salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, teabags and coffee capsules, sugar, dishwasher tabs, washing machine tabs, washing-up liquid, toilet roll, bin bag, cleaning sponge available at the house.
Please note in the self-catering accommodation linen is changed every 3-4 days and guests are required to empty their own bins and to leave the accommodation as they found it on arrival. Additional housekeeping services are available on request.
Deposits / Cancellations
SELF-CATERING PROPERTIES: A deposit of 25% of the total fee is payable upon confirmation. The balance is due within 28 days of the check-in date.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR SELF-CATERING PROPERTIES:
In the event of cancellation, payment will be refunded as follows:
- More than 28 days before the date of arrival: no cancellation fee will be charged.
- More than 14 days before the arrival date: 50% of the total amount of the stay will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- Less than 14 days before the arrival date: 100% of the total amount of the stay will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of early departure no refund will be made.
Pets are allowed.
Supplement per animal is 15€ per night.