The North Sea Retreat
is a family-friendly hotel and spa located on the northern German coast. .
- 63 double rooms
- 11 extra-large comfort rooms
- 11 family rooms (that can accommodate up to 4 guests)
- 5 family suites (with 2 separate bedrooms – can accommodate up to 6 guests)
- 2 wellness suites (with private sauna and terrace to enjoy the lovely views)
- 7 self-catering apartments located near the hotel (for up to 4 guests)
Useful things to know:
- The closest airport is Hamburg, about 1 hour and 15 minutes away by car
- Family-run hotel that offers a laidback atmosphere with Nordic charm
- Located only steps away from a peaceful lagoon, ideal for swimming and sunbathing
- The restaurant offers meals prepared from local produce and has a playroom for children
- Bar with a library to relax while enjoying a drink
- The spa has three saunas, an indoor pool and relaxation areas
- Massages and beauty treatments available for booking
- Fitness centre and gym
- Outdoor playground for kids
- Playroom for kids and a lounge for teenagers
- The apartments are rented in self-catering regime, but all services from the hotel, such as breakfast or the use of the sauna and fitness facilities, are also available for booking
The North Sea Retreat is a 4-star beach hotel and spa that offers fun and relaxation for the whole family. It is located on a quiet lagoon, right on the coast of northern Germany. The hotel is family-run and was opened in 2017. It combines Nordic charm with tasteful, cheerful design and a laid-back atmosphere.
The area is known for the Wattenmeer (Wadden Sea), a shallow body of water with tidal flats and wetlands that is constantly shifting with the tides. Visitors can go on mudflat hikes all year around, either barefoot in summer or with warm boots in the colder months. Other popular activities in the area include taking kite surfing lessons, swimming in the sea or visiting the seal colonies nearby.
The hotel restaurant offers guest breakfast, lunch and dinner, using mainly local produce and serving traditional northern German meals, which include fresh fish and seafood. The bar allows guests to wind down after an active day outside in their cosy library while sipping on a drink.
Kids will enjoy swimming in the family-friendly lagoon right in front of the property or in the hotel’s indoor pool. They can also let off some steam at the property’s outdoor playground, which has a sandbox, swings, a seesaw and a slide. In the playroom there are plenty of toys for the youngest guests, while the library and teens’ room are stocked with lots of board and card games.
The spa area includes an indoor pool and outdoor terraces to enjoy the cool and fresh Nordic air. There are also three saunas, a plunge pool, heated seating with foot spas as well as two relaxation rooms to help guests unwind after a day outside. Beauty treatments and massages are available for booking, including special couples packages in the couples’ room. For those looking to be more active, the fitness centre and gym are open from early in the morning till late at night.
Families looking for more privacy who still want to enjoy the comforts of a hotel can rent apartments (located very close to the main building) that offer guests more space and privacy on a self-catering basis. There are one and two bedroom apartments, which can accommodate up to 4 adults. They include a separate living area with a fully equipped kitchen. There are also shared laundry facilities in the apartment complex. Apartment guest can also book all services offered for hotel guests, including breakfast and access to the spa, indoor pool and gym.